- Section 67 of the Information Technology Act deals with cyberbullying in away. Section 67 of the act prescribes penalty for publishing or transmitting improper media in electronic structure for a period which may prolong to five years and also with fine which may extend to ten lakh rupees.
- Section 507 IPC - The section declares that if anyone receives criminal oppression by way of an anonymous transmission then the individual who is sending threats shall be penalized with detention for up to two years.
- Section 66 E of IT Act - The category specifies a penalty for infringement of privacy. The section asserts that any individual who intentionally infringes the privacy by sending, recording, or publishing personal pictures of others shall be punished with up to three years imprisonment or fine up to three lakhs.
- Sec.67B – Punishment for publishing or transmitting of content illustrating kids in any sexually explicit act in digital form.
- Sec.499 IPC – Sending slanderous information through emails. An individual is guaranteed to serve prison for up to two years, with or without fine.
Name: Shivang Saxena
A 22-year-old, writer-entrepreneur based in India, who prefers to tell stories and write about everything with a touch of life. He has been helping startups and technologies with their content strategies. He's currently working on his book named "Too Many Thoughts, Too Much life".
Visit his blog thevagabondsworld.wordpress.com